The Friends of the Alameda Free Library accepts donations of books, DVDs, and CDs by appointment only. Please see below for directions on how to make an appointment and donation guidelines. Your donations help raise funds for Alameda’s libraries. Your donations are necessary and appreciated. Please read the following carefully prior to contacting us to schedule a donation.
HERE’S WHAT SELLS BEST
- Books on CD
- Music CDs, especially Classical and Jazz
- Children, Tween, and Teen books
- Graphic Novels
- Contemporary Social Science books
- Contemporary Current Affairs books
- Contemporary Hardback Fiction books
WE CANNOT ACCEPT
- Books that are in less than very good condition, defined as:
- Books that are damaged by water, coffee, or mold
- Books with poor binding
- Books that are bent or misshapen
- Books with highlighting, underlining, or marginalia
- VHS tapes
- Cassette tapes
- Textbooks, reference books, or medical books that are more than 10 years old
- Multiple copies of school texts
- Computer books, games, etc. more than seven years old
To schedule an appointment, please fill out this form and a volunteer will reach out to schedule a pick-up or drop-off. If you have any trouble filling out the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 747-7737.
Please DO NOT leave your donations at the library without an appointment. The library does not have the staff to support the collection or sorting of donations.
Thank you for thinking of FAL!