Used Book Sale
TEMPORARY HOLD ON BOOK DONATIONS: The Alameda Free Library is currently closed as a precautionary measure due to COVID-19, so we cannot accept book donations at this time. Please check back here for updates!
OUR ONLINE SUMMER BOOK SALE IS LIVE!
We are very excited to announce that we have recently launched an online used book sale! We’ve started with Children’s books and will add other genres each week. Please help us to support the library and buy books today!
How does it work?
- Go to the Friends of the Alameda Free Library Facebook page.
- You will see pictures of the books for sale, with a number on each book.
- Type “Reserved“ in the comments section of the photo(s) of the book(s) you want to buy. Whoever claims a book first in the comments section gets the book. In case of a tie, we will do lottery.
- Fill out a purchase form and pay for your books using PayPal.
- Once we process your payment, we will schedule contactless porch delivery of your books. Please note: Delivery is restricted to within Alameda.
This is new for us, and we expect we will make changes as we gain more experience.
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next In-Person Used Book Sale: Date TBD
With over 40,000 items for sale, from DVDs to graphic novels, books for children and young adults, mysteries, art books, and so much more; there is something for everyone!
Volunteer to Help with the Next Sale
We would love to have a few more volunteers able to work a few hours a week between sales to sort, price, and box up our donated books. Shifts are available on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays during regular library hours. To help sort, or if you’d like to help out during the next sale, email email@example.com.
Donate Books for the Next Sale
Please note: The Alameda Free Library is currently closed as a precautionary measure due to COVID-19, so we cannot accept book donations at this time. Please check back here for updates!
The sale depends on generous donors who bring their gently used books and materials for drop-off at the Main Library. For details on when and how to donate, click here.