Used Book Sale
Books, volunteers needed for May 4-6 sale
|Friday Preview Sale||May 4, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. (note earlier start time)||$5 entry or complimentary ticket|
|Saturday Sale||May 5, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.||Free entry|
|Sunday Sale||May 6, Noon to 4 p.m.||Free entry|
The May Book Sale at the Al DeWitt Officers’ Club, 641 W Red Line Avenue, Alameda is coming soon. We have an amazing selection of books in over 30 categories for you to browse.
- Friday night offers the best selection of books. We will be opening half an hour earlier, at 6 p.m, to provide you even more time to shop.
- Saturday provides a full day of leisurely shopping.
- As usual the special Sunday clearance sale offers everything for $4 a bag or $5 a box and you can load up on your summer reading.
We provide plenty of free parking and the friendliest volunteers to help you. Remember, cash and checks only.
If you volunteered for the October sale, we will be contacting you in the next few weeks about available shifts for the sale. If you are a new volunteer, complete the online volunteer form. Check the “book sale” area of interest box.
Shifts are generally three hours. Friday morning set-up volunteers will gain first access to the books and can purchase a box of books each. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Sale volunteers will receive a coupon ($4 value) to purchase a bag of books on Sunday.
- Friday Morning Book Set-Up: 10 a.m. to noon
- Friday Night Preview Table Organizers: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday Precount: shift 1: 9 a.m. to noon; shift 2: 11:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.; shift 3: 1:45 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Saturday Table Organizers: shift 1: 9 a.m. to noon; shift 2: 11:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday Sale Table Organizers: noon to 4 p.m.
- Sunday Breakdown: 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Volunteer Check In Assistance: all days
Donations welcome before moratorium (April 24-May 13)
In between the twice-yearly sales we restock our shelves with generous donations of books and other materials. Please bring us your gently used items. For details about what materials are accepted and how to donate click here.
The hard-working folks who organize books in the donation room take time for other tasks just before and after the sale, so the book donation room will be closed April 24 to May 13.