The Big Sale at the O’Club in October was a huge success, with a steady stream of shoppers all weekend long. It was a pleasure to be back in person, to meet everyone who came to shop, and to see all our volunteers back together.
We’d like to thank our many volunteers (over 130 total!) who all contributed to the event’s success. Special thanks go to the Coast Guard, Marine, and Navy volunteers who helped us move countless boxes of books.
We owe immense gratitude to Cathy Peloquin, the chairperson leading the sale, whose countless hours of organizing made the sale come together seamlessly.
We are also grateful to many members of the book sale team:
- Amy Loo: Volunteer coordinator/scheduler
- Billy Reinschmiedt: Coordinator of book moving, set-up, and management
- Cynthia Silva: Coordinator of book moving, set-up, and management
- Jane Chisaki: Library Director, Jane-of-all-trades, snack purveyor, spirit team
- Kelly Ground: Volunteer system implementer
- Susan Schonberg: Volunteer coordinator and volunteer system implementer