As we enter a new year and new decade, it’s a good time to highlight the many successes from the past year.
- Two successful book sales brought buyers from all over the Bay Area, our highest revenues ever, and an outstanding new leadership team for the book sale.
- We produced seven Art Docent programs featuring top-tier art experts to describe current exhibits at Bay Area museums that have been attended by up to 120 community members, bringing many people into the library who had not visited before.
- The jazz series, Live @ the Library, featured three sold-out concerts with nationally recognized musicians.
- Dewey’s Café does exceptional work providing drinks and light snacks for those in the Main Library.
- Last, but not least, are our hard-working Board members and volunteers. As an all-volunteer organization, volunteers are the heart of our organization. There are close to 100 individuals who contribute hours to support all these activities. A special thanks to our volunteers.
-Karen Butter, FAL Board President