Let your company double or triple your impact!
What are Matching Gifts Programs?
Matching gifts are used by many Bay Area companies to promote philanthropic giving from their employees. Gifts from employees’ spouses and retirees may also qualify for a match. Your company may also offer a volunteer grant program, in which companies provide monetary donations to organizations where employees volunteer regularly.
Who provides Matching Gifts?
FAL is proud to have generous matching gifts from Employees of the following companies:
Apple, Google, Linked-In, Gap, Facebook, Adobe, Chevron, PG& E, AirBNB, Disney, Clorox, Autodesk, Price Waterhouse Coopers.
Review this list for more companies. BAY-AREA-COMPANIES-THAT-MATCH-EMPLOYEE-DONATIONS
Taking advantage of your corporate matching giving program takes little time at little cost.
How does the process work?
- An employee makes the initial donation: The first step is always that initial donation. There can be no matching gift without an initial gift to match!
- Employee submits matching gift request: This is the most crucial step in the process. A donor must take a few minutes to request the matching gift from their employer.
- Employer checks donation eligibility: Often companies will have someone on staff who is dedicated to matching gifts.
- Employer verifies donation: Once the donation is verified as match-eligible, the company will contact the nonprofit organization or educational institution to confirm the donation amount, date, and donor.
- The organization collects the matching gift: The last stage, of course, is when the organization receives that matching gift from a company.
What can you do next?
Don’t know if your employer has a matching gifts program? Check in with your Human Resources director and they will be able to assist.
FALs’ Fund Development Manager, Kelly Ground is also available to answer your questions.
Please contact Kelly at email@example.com